Monday, September 14, 2020

 

SONIC FAN MAKES INCREDIBLE SONIC CHARACTER AND BADNIK PLUSH TOYS

Sonic the Hedgehog fan Donna Evans has been showing images of her creations on Twitter, including incredible badnik models and classic Sonic characters!

We caught up with the artist to learn more about the plush creations:

TSS: What was the first Sonic plush you ever made, and when did you make it?

Donna Evans: My first plush I made was a Super Sonic – he used to travel with me to conventions with me back in the day. I made him in the style of an old 90’s Sonic toy I had since I was a kid, and you can still check him out on my DeviantArt account (deviantart.com/tavington/art/).

TSS: What inspired you to take up making the plushes?

DM: My love of the old games and giving people a sense of nostalgia is what inspired me to create these guys. I like thinking outside the box with my projects and try something I’ve never seen anyone create before. When it also means something even more special or personal to me, it makes me love making them even more! Sonic was a staple for me growing up, but it’s only now I’ve developed my sewing skills and techniques that I’ve felt more comfortable to take on these complex projects.

TSS: Which plushes are you currently working on at the moment?

DM: A lot of the old TV series characters for sure! I’ve just made a Scratch and Grounder (from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog), as well as Princess Sally, Bunnie Rabbot, and Antoine (SatAM). They have been challenging as they needed their own patterns/templates, but I like to re-create characters that are not seen or heard of very often, or have little to no merchandise available.

Evans is also avaiable for comissions, and can be contacted via Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment